A lot of Roblox gamer complains of getting an error named Error Code: 610 with the title Join Error while starting to play a game. Most of the time, the error message even before starting any game. Means, someone can get that message just after entering into Roblox. Roblox has a lot of error messages, but this one is quite new. So, not everyone knows the solution. We have researched it and found some solutions that work.
In the message, it also says Cannot Join private server: HTTP 400 () (Unknown Error).
This error message started to show up in December of 2018.
If the error code is giving you enough pain to stop playing any games in Roblox, then continue reading this article. We are making it easier for you to solve this issue.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 610 Issue
Keep scrolling, several solutions are described here. All of the solutions are used by a lot of users across the internet. Some of the methods are used to check the reason for the issue.
If you are a non-techy guy, we will suggest you apply the method exactly as we have mentioned here. If there’s anything that you are not understanding, let us know in the comment section.
Or else, you may make the error a little worse.
Solution 1: Verify if Roblox Is Down
There are several reasons that occur Error Code: 610. Some of them can be solved by changing settings of either your computer or your account. But some of the reasons are out of users’ control. Server down is something like that.
According to the investigation, this particular issue occurs when the servers of Roblox are down for a moment.
This error started occurring from 2018. When a few hackers hacked into the Roblox servers, made a GUI and crashed the game just with a pop-up. Incidents like this can happen anytime. So, no wonder if the servers are down.
Another reason for the servers going down is regular maintenance.
Every kind of online service requires regular maintenance, which may be monthly or yearly. Whatever the timetable is, it is a must.
Some of the maintenance requires a complete shutdown.
There could be a permanent solution to this issue. But, as this is an online game and it depends on the internet to stay operational. So, there’s no permanent solution for this.
So, the only way to troubleshoot this error is to check if the servers are down or online. If the servers are down, then be sure that this is the reason you are unable to play games in Roblox.
To detect if this particular issue is occurring the error you are getting on Roblox, you would have to check the availability of their servers. You can go to the websites down here
If you can see this kind of message that says that Roblox is down. Then it is the issue from their side. Wait until they fixes their server.
After checking if you can see that the servers are down, then wait for a few hours. In situations like this, we as a user, can not do anything to solve it. It’s the developers and the company itself who can solve it. All we can do is wait. And keep checking. And when the servers are operational again, go for a game again.
That’s why we have put this one at first so that after applying these advanced tricks down here, you don’t come to know that the servers were down.
And if you see that the servers are working fine, but still you are getting the error, then scroll down and go for the next techniques.
Solution 2: Log Out and Sign In On The Account
The reports we have found about this error, most of them have also reported that they have got rid of the problem by just signing out and logging in again. Be sure about signing out from all other sessions.
We did not find anything from Roblox’s end that explains the reason why it solves the issue.
However, some of the users think that a few parts of the Roblox refresh when a user logs out. Then after signing in, the user does not see that issue occurring again.
Let us show you how to log out and sign in to the Roblox account.
- Go to your Roblox account.
- There’s a gear (Settings) icon, in the right corner of the top side.
- Click on it. And then click on the Logout button from the pop-up.
- Refresh the browser, better close it and open again.
- Log into your Roblox account.
Now go back to the Game tab and try to play any game from there.
We hope that helps. If it does not, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Go For A New Roblox Account
Sometimes, it may be your account that is causing the problem. A few people have reported to us that nothing worked for them except creating a new Roblox account. Creating a new account, launching Roblox game modes on that newly created account solves the issue. And the number of people we have got the report from is not a little.
If your Roblox account is old enough and has a lot of friends and XPs then it might be a problem for you to create a new one. You can try out further solutions from this article.
But this one can be a temporary solution if you are unable to solve the issue and you can not live without gaming.
Follow the steps here to sign up for a new account in Roblox.
- Go to the Roblox homepage.
- Click on the Sign Up button on the right corner of the upper side. (If you are still logged in on your old account, then, at first log out from that).
- After clicking the button, you’ll be presented with a sign up form. Fill it with proper information. Hit the Sign-Up button when you are done.
- You are all set. Now you are in your new account.
Now, try to open any game from Roblox to see if the error is still there.
Solution 4: Download Roblox For Your Computer
A lot of users have found a way to solve the issue following the methods we have told up here.
Even after following all these methods, if you could not solve the issue. Then, download the PC version of Roblox. Unfortunately, the PC version of Roblox is only available for Windows 10. So, if your PC has installed Windows 10 on it, you can try out the PC version. And see if that works.
We have got a lot of reports of users being able to solve the Error Code 610 by installing the PC version of Roblox.
But, be sure about installing the original one.
Let us guide you
- Go to Microsoft Store, search for Roblox, hit the Roblox app, and then click on the Get button. Or click on this direct link to get the Roblox page on the Microsoft Store. And then install it.
- Wait until the download completes. When it is done, the page will reload and will take you to another page. Click on the Install/play button to launch the app on your computer.
- Sign up or log in to your Roblox account.
- Get on the Game Tab and launch a game from there, and also try to play it to see if the issue is solved.
Solution 5: Restart Your PC.
A lot of problems occur because of the computer or the device itself.
Sometimes, your works may get disturbed when the inner parts of your computer hit an error. It may be from the Software side or hardware side. Whatever it is. It requires a fresh restart to become operational again.
Restarting your computer restarts every operating app and task at the same time. Which makes them start again in a new mode. That solved a lot of problems.
If you did not do it yet, then you can give it a try. Just restart your computer to see if it works.
To restart Windows 10, follow this.
- Click on the Windows icon from the left down corner.
- Click on the power icon.
- Now hit the Restart button.
Finally, after your PC starts completely, try playing games with Roblox.
Solution 6: Restart your Router
Even after restarting your computer could not solve your problem, and if you think this is an issue from your side, then you can try restarting your other devices that are related to the Gameplay. , LIke router, modem, etc.
Let’s try with the router.
Note: This is an advanced task. A simple mistake can make your router go wrong. So try to ask an adult to do this for you, if you are not an adult.
- Go to the back part of your router, find out the power button, press it.
- Unplug the power cable, and plug it again after a while.
- After plugging hit the power button again.
Go back to Roblox, see if the issue is still there.
Solution 7: Try Refreshing IP & DNS Configuration
We have got a lot of reports that refreshing IP and flushing DNS solves the problem when none of them worked.
The things that make you and your browser capable of getting connected with servers using domains such as youtube.com and bing.com are called DNS.
There are times when everything gets old. DNS is also the same, but they only become outdated. Which causes problems in their settings. So you may have to reset them manually to make them operational again. Flushing the DNS works.
It just uses an elevated Command Prompt window and flush DNS addresses that were saved before. They did this and then restarted their browser. And then they saw no errors in the Roblox game tab.
First, you need to open the command prompt. To open it, you can click on the Search Menu and then, search for the “cmd”.
When it appears on the search result, right on it. And then click Run As Administrator.
Or you can also click the Windows Key + R button at the same time. And then type cmd in there. Then click Ctrl + Shift + Enter. There will be a new window named Administrator: Command Prompt.
There, after the System32> paste this command
Hit the Enter button. The command will run. When it’s completed close the window.
The connection is restored now. You can now try restarting your browser and open the Roblox game tab again,
We hope that it worked now.
Why The Error Code: 610 in Roblox Actually Happens ?
While researching this problem, our team has been investing the issue by studying the user’s reports we have found. A lot of them also have told us the way they have solved it. The solutions that we have listed here are from the forums where the users have posted their queries in need of an answer. We have worked for the solutions and finally, we have, all of them.
According to our studies on the users, the 610 error code in Roblox occurs because of these reasons.
- Servers may be down- This is a common issue for the services that are based on the internet. Companies like this can update their system anytime, reboot their system, shut down the whole server for maintenance purposes. unexpected server shutdown can happen anytime because of unplanned maintenance or any sudden situations like cyber attacks. If anything like this happens, you can use a down detector service to track. Google ‘down detector’ to know more. If you find out this is the issue that is causing the error, then all you can do is to wait until the developers of Roblox fixes this to make it online again.
- Account Glitch- A lot of accounts were hacked in fall 2018. According to the users, a pop-up appeared while gaming and then everything was gone. Signing out and signing back into the account or creating a new account solve the issue for those users.
- Web-version’s instability- A lot of users have complained that Roblox is sometimes unstable. Especially the web version. But the desktop version is much more stable to use. If you face any kind of problem while playing games in Roblox, you can try downloading the desktop version and continue gaming. From then, you won’t be interrupted while playing games regarding this issue. Unfortunately, the desktop version is only available for Windows 10.
- Bad Cached DNS- After facing this issue, some of the users have solved it by flushing their DNS. Despite this, we know that there can be other reasons like network configuration which can occur this issue. But, still, we should rely on the methods that worked for any user. You can also apply Command prompt and refresh. It also helps in resolving the issue.
Roblox is an online gaming platform. Where people can create their games and play them, anyone can also play games created by others. So, you don’t have to create a game to play here. But you can if you want so.
Starting from 2016, still serving its users. Anyone with a Windows, Android, iOS or macOS device can play games here. Anyone can play on the web version too.
This is a complete gaming platform, but still, there could be inconveniences like the Roblox error code 610 issue. And as always, there is a problem, it has a solution too.
We have discussed some of them in this article. Hope that any of those works for you.
Let us know in the comment section which one worked in yours.