If you are searching for how to delete Instagram, then we can say you are in the very right place. There may a lot of reasons to delete accounts from this image-sharing media. But, we have got two reasons the most from the people around the globe. And they are either to get rid of this time-killer image-sharing media or to get rid of everything related to Facebook as it steals data. (When you already know that Instagram is a subsidiary of Facebook).
Whatever the reason is, deleting or deactivating an Instagram account is quite easy.
We can ensure you this will be your last stop to learn this.
So, in total, there are two ways to get rid of Instagram. At first, decide one of them.
- Permanently Delete Instagram Account: There’s an option to delete the Instagram account. If you do that, then you will lose everything related to the account such as likes, comments, photos, videos, followers. In other words, the Instagram profile with everything will be deleted permanently. When done, no one can get the account back to you. Neither can anyone get any of the data recovered In addition, we will give you instructions to download data from your Instagram account, so that you can download all your data like the photos and videos you have uploaded, and entirely download the whole Instagram account. Because you can never use the user name to sign up for a new account or add that user name to any other account.
- Deactivate Instagram Account Temporarily: Apart from deleting, you can also make your account look like deleted while it is not. It’s called deactivating your account. Once you do it, your account along with all the pictures, videos, comments, likes, and every activity will vanish. No one on Instagram can see them. Also, your followers, and the people you used to chat with, will see your profile as an Instagrammer. This can be solved by simply logging into your account and everything will be normal like it never happened. This is the safest option available on Instagram (and almost on any social media) to get rid of it for a while. No matter what the reason is if you don’t want to get out of Instagram permanently and just want some time to stay out of it and then get back without losing anything. Then deactivating is best for you
How to Delete Your Instagram Account From Phone/App
- Got o Instagram app. The app has a logo of a camera picture. Log in to your account, if there’s an account logged in already, you are set to go.
- On the homepage, you can see a few buttons on the downside of the screen. Click on the button that contains your profile picture. You can find it on the right side of those buttons.
- Now you are on your profile page. Click the three-lined icon from the upper right side of the screen.
- Hit the Settings button of the page that appears. A list of options will show up. Click on the Help button from there.
- Click on the Help Center button. Clicking it may open Instagram in a browser of your phone. Allow it if it asks for approval. A new page will open
- Select Managing Your Account from the new page. You can find it in the second position.
- On the next page, click Delete Your Account. It is again in the second position. There you will find a few drop-down menus.
- Select How Do I delete my Instagram account? from the drop-down menu. It’s for those who want to delete their Instagram account permanently. Once you do this, you will never be able to get into this account. If you want to delete the account, but also get back on it after a moment like a few days, weeks, months, or even years. Then you can click on the How do I temporarily disable my Instagram account? option. Then, a different page will open. Follow it. Or follow the instruction that we have mentioned in this article about deactivating an account.
- Read carefully all the conditions there and then hit the Delete Your Account option from the page. Before clicking the button, we suggest you read the notes written in there. The notes say that once you delete it from here, it is permanent. And after clicking and confirming it, you have to stay away from your account for total of 30 days. In these 30 days, if you log in again on your account, then, it will stop the procedure of deleting your Instagram account. So, after completing all of the settings stay away from your account for 30 days. You can not use Instagram without account login, so you can create a new Instagram account.
- Select why are you eliminating the Instagram account from the Why are you deleting your account? tab. Under the drop-down menu titled Privacy Concerns, Select yours. Click Something else, if you don’t want to share anything with them.
- For the last time, it will ask for your password. Insert it and then click Permanently delete my account.
- From the popup menu, click OK to confirm the deletion.
Now, wait for 30 days. Within thirty days, if you log in again on your account, the account will not be deleted but reactivated and will continue as before. And if you don’t log in within these 30 days, it will be gone permanently.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account From Desktop
Deleting accounts from a PC is easier than deleting on a phone.
- At first, go to the Instagrams help page, from any browser you prefer.
- From the help page, Click Managing Your Account. You can see it on the left panel.
- There will be another page, click Delete your account from there. This one is also on the left side.
- Three menus will appear on the same page, Select the middle one named How do I delete my Instagram account?. It is the way to delete the account permanently, so be careful. But, if you want to get out of Instagram for a short period, and want to come back again. Then select How do I temporarily disable my Instagram account?. Then, there will be different options. Follow them correctly to deactivate your Instagram account.
- There will be a page of conditions, read them. And then click Delete Your Account.
- There, a login page may appear to let you log in to your account if you have not already.
- Beside the Why are you deleting your account? button, there is a drop-down menu, you can select the reason why are quitting Instagram permanently. From the end of the drop-down list, you can select Something Else if you don’t want to share anything with Instagram.
- Put your password for one last time, and then select Permanently delete my account.
- Click the OK button from the pop-up menu.
Now, point to be noted that, you can not sign in to this account for the upcoming thirty days. If you do so, your account will be reactivated. SO, you have to keep yourself out of this account for 30 days.