From the first day of invention, technology has given us a lot of things, so that we can make our life easier. Our life is getting upgraded every day using these latest technologies. And we are depending more on these technologies in our day to day life. Smart TV is one of them. In fact, it’s one of the big parts of all household techs. We use it every day. It’s a device that runs android apps along with thousands of channels worldwide.
People have to pay for the channels they watch on their smart TVs. And it is so little amount. Therefore people want to know how to Jailbreak or hack a Smart TV. So that they can enjoy more TV channels than they have paid for.
Also, aa a smart Tv supports android apps to run on it. And you can connect a WiFi network on it, then it can be said or used as a computer with only a few limitations like programming. Moreover, a smart TV can be controlled by voice command, which is still unavailable in a lot of computers.
How to Hack a Samsung Smart TV
Samsung Smart TV is based on Linux. Samsung uses the Linux Kernel Operating System on its Smart TVs. Linux is an extensively used operating system. Smartphones, smartwatches, smart TVs, self-driving cars, tablets, smart cameras, printers, and even Webcam is powered by Linux. The Android Operating System is also based on Linux.
If you want to know how to hack or Jailbreak your Samsung Smart TV, then make sure it is powered by an ARM processor with firmware <=1018.0. It is required to root it, which is the first step of hacking a smart TV. Also, you will need some tools like Samsung SDK, GIT, Toolchain, and XBMC.
When you have all of them, let’s get you to the process of jailbreaking smart TV.
How To Jailbreak Samsung Smart TV [Step by Step]
- Power up your smart TV, use the TV remote to get on settings.
- Hit the option named Setup Options in the settings.
- Insert the PIN when it asks. The default PIN code is 0000 if no one has changed it till now.
- Select your preferred language, you don’t have to search for it. It will appear after you insert the PIN Code.
- Following the same way, it will ask you to choose your country. Click on yours.
- Then, you will see another option named “Auto Tuning”. Click on ‘Channel Type’, and then hit the option named ‘Digital’. Auto Tuning is running now.
- When the Auto Tuning completes proceeding, click ‘Next’. It may land another scanning, click NO to stop it.
- Now, it may ask for an Internet Service Location, select yours, and proceed.
- Click on the Aerial Option, and then hit the Next button.
- It may ask for a Passcode. Write the Passcode on there and continue.
- Finally, An update option may appear. Click on the ‘Update Now’ button. The update will start, wait until it completes.
- If the TV wants to shut down, then give it permission to do so.
Now, power up your TV, it will apply the update.
Remember, your TV will ask to shut down the only after the update is complete. If it does not, repeat the process.
If done properly, you are successful in hacking your Samsung Smart TV. Now, you are supposed to use all the features which you could not use before.
Jailbreak Smart TV by Installing Jailbreak KODI
KODI on Samsung Smart TV
A very popular method to jailbreak smart tv is by using the Kodi android app. Maybe it’s popular because it is easy to use. Now, we are going to guide you guys how to hack a smart TV with the Kodi android app.f
- From your Smart TV go to Google Play Store, search, and download CetusPlay.
- It will ask for the permission with a popup named ‘Unknown Sources’. Click ‘Allow’. Then the download will start.
- After it gets installed properly, open the app, search for ‘KODI’.
- From the result, click on KODI, then it will be installed by itself. wait until KODI installs properly.
- Transfer the APK file to your smart TV, after the installation completes.
From now on, whenever you use the File manager of your smart TV, install this APK.
Jailbreak an Amazon Fire TV Stick
From the video here, you can learn how to Jailbreak an Amazon Fire TV Stick along with other smart TVs. We have got reports from the people who could not run Kodi add ons on their smart TVs. So, we tried to find out some different kinds of methods where other media players are used rather than Kodi. And, here is the video.
They have used a media player app named Terrarium TV, which has a user-friendly navigation layout and a lot of content. the process they have shown in the video, may not seem like a jailbreaking to some of you, but it works.
Jailbreaking your smart TV may feel like you are harming your own smart TV, but it is not. Moreover, it makes your smart TV capable to show you TV channels than you pay for.
Still, hacking a smart device always makes it vulnerable in some ways. And then connecting it to the internet makes it easy for other people to hack.
So, we strongly suggest you be careful about this, if you can’t, then at least don’t keep private things on it.