Solved: Windows Update Cannot Currently Check For Updates
Windows update problem appears with the dialogue “Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer” in a pop-up which means you can not update your windows right now.
Most of the time it appears because of the error in windows folder named “SoftwareDistribution”.
If you are also facing this problem on your computer, just follow the guide we are showing in here.
Hope this is your last stop 🙂
Solution: Windows Update Cannot Currently Check For Updates
Solution 1: Solve “Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates” error manually.
Step 1: Find Out Services
- Go to Control Panel /System and Security/Administrative Tools/ Services
- Type Windows Key + R
- Input services.msc when the search box appears.
Step 2: Find out Windows Update from the list, right click it and then Stop it
Step 3: Find out Windows Update storage Folder and delete everything it contains
- Go to This PC/My Computer aka File Explorer
- Go to C Drive and then Windows
(If you have put your windows to any other Drive like D drive or E Drive, then go to there)
- Find out the ” SoftwareDistribution ” folder
- Now delete or rename it to ” SoftwareDistributionOLD” (deleting is best)
Step 4: Re-start windows update service
- Just go back to the place (follow Step 1 ) and Restart Windows Update Service from there
It is going to re-generate and run all the programs needed for the update,
Now Try to Update windows again, It should work fine now