How To View Full Size Instagram Photos And Profile Picture
The pictures that you can see on Instagram are not shown in their original size. Whatever size the owner uploads the picture with, Instagram reduces the pixel size from every photo and then shows them to the other users. There are ways to view full size Instagram photos and profile pictures. We tried to find every method to view Instagram photos in full size, the size it was uploaded with.
Also, we can guide you even if you are searching for ways to view someone’s Instagram full-size profile picture.
All the photos you can see on Instagram are compressed, mostly. So that it can load on your phone or computer faster than compared to not compressed photos. Just to, give you a good experience till the last time of your Instagram browsing.
There could be a reason you would like to or have to view anyone’s full-size Instagram photos, sometimes.
All of these guides are in this article. Keep reading.
View Full Size Instagram Post Photos
Let’s get into the method directly.
- Open any browser you have, hop onto the Instagram official website, if not logged in earlier, do it now.
- Get on the user’s profile page of whose picture you want to view in the original size. Click on that exact photo.
Note: If you are unable to click that user’s photo, that means you are in the news feed. So go to someone’s Instagram profile page.
- Click on the Instagram photo, add this line at the end of the URL media/?size=l
For example, if the previous URL was,
Then after inserting the additional part, it will become,
The bold part of the URL is the main point of this method.
- When you are done with editing the URL, click Enter.
You are all set. Now you can view the Instagram pic in full size. The original version which was uploaded. Also, modifying this exact method, you can view the Instagram pictures in medium size, in other words, the thumbnail version.
To view the thumbnail version of Instagram, add media/?size=m or media/?size=t in the place we have inserted additional URL earlier of this article.
In this additional URL, t means thumbnail and m symbolizes Medium.
While appending the additional URL, make sure you put them respectively after every URL.
Using this method, you can easily view any Instagram user’s photo in the original version.
This trick only works on the profile page, and the photos are uploaded as posts. To view Instagram profile pictures in full size, we have to go through another trick.
Let’s get into that.
See Instagram Profile Picture In Full Size
Anyone can view photos on Instagram, even without opening an Instagram account. But the profile pictures, not anyone can view the full size of it, even if the person is logged in to Instagram with a valid account.
All you can see of a profile picture is just a circular and cropped version of the image.
So, we figured out some device-based solutions regarding this issue.
Using the methods down here can solve this issue. The method will teach not only viewing the image in the large size but also downloading them when needed.
Down here, are the methods to view images based on some devices.
PC/Mac Or Smartphone Browser
If installing a new application on your phone to solve a single problem like this, feels embarrassing to you, or use a computer then this solution is the best for you.
- Go to the browser you prefer, head to Instagram’s official website. Chrome is better. We are using Google Chrome in this guide.
If the browser you are using now is new, and haven’t used this browser for Instagram before, then don’t worry, it is not mandatory for Instagram to view anyone’s profile picture. Skip the second step of this guide if you know the username or you have the profile link. Then, you may head for the 3rd step. If not, check out manually.
- Head to the targeted Instagram profile. You can do it by clicking the name form their posts, searching their name on the search box or by direct link. Copy their Instagram username from the URL.
- Now that you have the username of the targeted profile, hit your browser for Thumbtube.com, one of the best Instagram Profile Picture Downloader.
If the website is loaded completely, then you can see the search box with a “Submit” button near it.
- On the ‘Enter Instagram Username‘ search box, type or paste the username you copied following the 2nd step. After pasting, hit the ‘Submit’ button.
The tool is now working on the URL, it will find the profile picture and fetch it for its best, high or original resolution. All these processes will take only a few seconds to occur. When the rendering completes, it will show you both options of “View” and “Download” along with the image.
Clicking on the ‘View’ button will load the image in full size. And the second button will let you Download the Instagram profile picture in full size.
Another useful part of this tool is, you can view and download private Instagram profile pictures too. it doesn’t even matter whether you follow the profile or not.
So, you can follow this guide and use this tool to view anyone’s profile picture in full size on Instagram.
In some cases, you may see the rendered profile pictures from the tool are still small. Keep in mind, that that won’t happen for the tool. It will only happen if the owner of the profile did not upload the bigger size of the picture. This means it was uploaded in this resolution. So, there’s no chance of getting a bigger one, even after using a tool, no matter whatever tool is that.
Most of the Instagram users access it via Android. So, here’s the solution to view Instagram photos from Android.
- Go to Google Play Store, search and download Instant DP (Full HD). Install it.
- From Instagram, copy the username you want to view the full-size image of.
- Open the app, there you will find a search box on the front page of the app.
- Enter the username you have copied from the Instagram app. Hit the search button.
- Wait till the tool scans for the username. After scanning, it will show some related users in a list, click on the targeted profile. The whole process takes only a few seconds.
- Clicking on the profile pictures thumbnail will open it to view in full size. Click on “Download Icon” from the right side of the bottom in the app. Then the app will start downloading the image full size in your gallery. For this, it will create a new folder on your phone.
Search history is also available in this app. You can delete them if other people have access to your phone.
If you have read the method of Android from up to this article, then it will be easy for you. It is the same as that method.
Take your iPhone/iPad,
- Go to the Apple Apps Store, and find out the Qeek, the app to view and download the full-size Instagram profile picture.
- Download and install the app on your iPhone or iPad. Open it when it is completed.
- You’ll get a search box as the Android version has.
- Copy targeted Instagram profile username, paste it in the app’s search box.
- It will search for it and will show you a list of possible users from Instagram. Select your expected one.
- It will show you the profile and the profile picture. Simply, click on the photo or click on the “Fullscreen” button.
The highest possible resolution of the image will appear on your screen.
Plus, the pictured can be zoomed up to 800% from the size you can see normally. Unlike the Android version, it does not have any download option. So, you may have to go for the web solution we discussed in the first method.
You can open any profile picture from Instagram in full size whenever you want.
And if you are not going with the web version. Just take a screenshot when making it fullscreen. May that help you.
From this app, you can also go to the profile of the owner directly.
The ways we knew to ‘View Instagram photos’ are written up here. These methods can show the original resolution the picture was uploaded with. No matter what they are, either the profile pictures or the posted images. It works on all of them. Plus, you can use these tricks in any of your devices PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad or Android. Specifically, the web method can be applied in any device that can run a browser.
No tool is perfect. There could be any bug on the app which was not visible to our eye, let us know if you find any. We will update our post.
If it works on your side, consider sharing it with your friends. And also let us know in the comment section which of these worked for you.
Don’t forget to mention the problems if you have any, during the applying process.